Next up in our ongoing workout series with Kayla Itsines, trainer and creator of the Bikini Body Guide, we focus on getting the ever elusive defined abs.
Kayla’s very own rock-hard core serves as #fitspo to over 4 million followers on Instagram, and while a midsection like hers might seem like lofty #goals, non-Instagram-famous women have sculpted their own toned tummies in many a transformation photo after following Kayla’s BBG plan. It’s get-able. We promise.
1.Straight Leg Sit-Ups + Twist (20 reps, 10 per side)
1. Start by lying flat on the floor on a yoga mat with your feet extended out in front of you. Bend your elbows to place your hands behind your earlobes and engage your abdominal muscles by drawing your bellybutton in towards your spine.
2. Using your abdominals, slowly lift your head, shoulder blades, and torso off of the floor. As you sit up, extend your right arm and twist through your torso to touch the floor immediately next next to your left leg.
3. Slowly untwist and release your torso backwards and bring your right hand towards your ear. Repeat using your left hand.
2.Bent Leg Raises (10 reps)
1. Start by lying straight on your back on the floor. Engage your abdominal muscles by drawing your bellybutton in towards your spine.
2. Keeping your feet together, contract your abdominal muscles and bend your legs to bring your knees in to your chest.
3.Slowly lower and straighten your legs back down to starting position until they are slightly off of the floor. Repeat.
3.Inward and Outward Snap Jumps (20 reps)
1. Place both hands on the floor slightly further than shoulder width apart and both feet together behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. This is your starting position.
2. Quickly jump both feet outwards so that they are wider than your hips.
3. Quickly jump both feet inwards to bring them back together into starting position. Jump both of your feet in towards your hands, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart.
4. Keeping your body weight on your hands, kick both of your feet backwards into starting position. Continue alternating between outward and inward snap jumps for the specified number of repetitions.
Once completed, take a 30-second break and reset your timer to 7 minutes for the next circuit.
Source : www.elle.com