The scary truth is that there is sugar in almost all prepared and packaged foods. Even if you think the item is one that normally wouldn’t have sugar, if it’s not fresh, it likely does. When it comes to losing weight, sugar is not something that will help you.
There are many reasons that it’s better to avoid sugar in your diet:
♦ You’re eating empty calories. Raises your risk of diabetes.
♦ Stripes off the minerals you need.
♦ Leaves you feeling exhausted, without energy.
♦ Can weaken your heart functioning over time.
♦ May trigger the development of cancer.
♦ Will age you faster.
♦ Can lead to eczema and arthritis.
♦ Lead cause of hypoglycemia.
♦ Negatively affects your vision.
♦ May cause ulcers.
♦ Can cause adrenal fatigue.
♦ Lowers your immunity.
♦ Can start the formation of gallstones.
♦ Dangerously increases serotonin levels.
♦ It’s addictive.
Now that you know all of these logical reasons to cut sugar from your diet, think about following this simple 7-day detox:
- Breakfast: Baked eggs with spinach and a little cheese.
- Morning Snack: Almonds, Tamari almonds are best.
- Lunch: Sweet peppers with cheese and a green salad.
- Dinner: Baked stuffed chicken with spinach and greek (tomato, cucumber, feta) salad.
- Snack: Mix ¼ cup ricotta cheese (low-fat), ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, and a few drops of vanilla flavored stevia.
- Breakfast: Frittata with feta and sun-dried tomato.
- Morning Snack: Almonds (Tamari).
- Lunch: Chicken with spinach and peppers.
- Afternoon Snack: Raw vegetables and spinach dip.
- Dinner: Turkey-lettuce wraps with mushrooms, peppers, and sauteed spinach. Snack: String cheese (1 stick).
- Breakfast: Peanut butter protein smoothie
- Morning Snack: 3 Hard-boiled egg whites.
- Lunch: Turkey lettuce wraps with green salad with cucumbers, sweet peppers, and tomatoes (you can add a bit of olive oil and apple cider vinegar on top).
- Afternoon Snack: Feta frittata.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken with herbs and vegetable soup. Snack: Vanilla chia pudding (dairy and sugar free).
- Breakfast: Frittata Sante Fe style.
- Morning Snack: String cheese (1 stick).
- Lunch: Cilantro chicken salad (grilled chicken).
- Afternoon Snack: Celery with sugar-free peanut butter.
- Dinner: Chicken and bean stew with zucchini and cheese bites. Snack: ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese with cucumber slices.
- Breakfast: Frittata Santa Fe style.
- Morning Snack: Spicy feta dip with raw vegetables.
- Lunch: Soup and green salad with cucumber, peppers, tomatoes (olive oil and apple cider vinegar drizzled on top).
- Afternoon Snack: Greek salad (cucumber, tomato, feta).
- Dinner: Green bean salad with low-carb cheese breadsticks. Snack: Vanilla chia pudding (dairy and sugar free).
- Breakfast: Egg muffin (crustless).
- Morning Snack: ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta mixed with ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract and vanilla stevia.
- Lunch: Green bean salad and cheese bread sticks.
- Afternoon Snack: Spicy Mediterranean dip and raw vegetables.
- Dinner: Garlic-lemon drumsticks with zucchini noodles. Snack: 3 hard-boiled egg whites.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and spinach.
- Morning Snack: ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese.
- Lunch: Vegetable soup and zucchini noodles. Afternoon Snack: Almonds (Tamari)
- Dinner: Chicken drumsticks with green bean salad. Snack: Vanilla chia pudding (dairy and sugar free).
- At the end of the week, observe how your body feels and decide whether or not sugar is worth keeping in your regular diet.