Here you find some extremely effective exercises that will help you tone your chin, neck and jaw muscles. The exercises definitely look ridiculous and will surely make you feel like one as you are doing them at the beginning. However like any other muscles on your body, it can be trained. So have your laugh first and then try to see that the woman in the video really wants to help you learn how to get rid of a double chin.
1. Platysma Tone:
The Platysma tone is an amazing double chin exercise that helps in toning the chin and cheek muscles, that provides you with a prominent jaw line. The Platysma is a muscle arising from the chin and stretching to the shoulder. Working the Platysma also helps in firming the neckline and prevents sagging of the neck.
- Start by sitting or standing in a straight posture.
- Open your mouth slightly pulling back your lips tight and turning them downward, move your jaw up and down while keeping your lips pressed against the teeth.
- Remember that the muscles of the jaw should be engaged and the tendons of the neck should feel the tension.
- Move you jaw up and down 20 times at a stretch and relax.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times.
2. Lip Pull:
This exercise is designed to make you look younger, highlighting your cheekbones and jawline by lifting up your facial muscles.
- Lift your lower lip over your upper lip by pushing your jaw out.
- Stretch it as far as possible till you feel the tension building up.
- Hold this for 10-15 seconds. Release and repeat.
3. Mouthwash Move:
The mouthwash move is a simple face exercise that helps in stretching and working the cheek muscles and reduces flabbiness of cheeks. It helps to strengthen and build the cheek muscles and also helps in reducing double chin.
- Start by sitting in a comfortable position;
- Now fill up one of your cheeks with air and transfer the air from one cheek to another as you would do with mouthwash.
- Continue it for 1 minute and relax.
- Repeat it 5 to 10 times at a stretch for best results.
4. Head Lift:
Head lift is one of the best exercise for double chin. Which moves total head muscles.
- Lie straight on the bed with face towards the ceiling. Let the neck be at the edge of the bed.
- Now lift the head towards the chest without using hands.
- Hold the head in this position for 5-10 seconds.
- Slowly bring it back to the starting position, without letting it drop.
5. The Neck Roll:
The neck roll is a great exercise that tones and stretches the muscles of your neck and jaw. It is also good for releasing tension from shoulders and relives neck pain.
- Stand straight with an erect spine.
- Take a deep breath and turn your head on one side until your chin touches your shoulder.
- Slowly, roll your head downwards till your chin touches your chest.
- Repeat the same with the other side. Keep your spine and shoulders straight.
6. Pout and Tilt:
- On this one you can sit or stand, but make sure to stick your lower lip out as far as you can.
- You should feel a tug at the neck while doing this exercise.
- Hold the position for 1 second, and pull your chin down to your chest.
- Its like a little sit up using your neck!
7. Tennis Ball Exercise
- Grab a tennis ball, place it against your neck and lower your jaw on top to trap it.
- Press your chin against the ball tightly for few seconds then slightly release.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Put your thumb on the side of your jaw, in the area right underneath your jaw before it moves up to your ear.
- Do this with the other side of your jaw.
- Press with force so that when you push your head forward, your hand stands firm.
- Push your head forward using your neck and hold that position for 5 seconds.
- 4 MOVES = 10 MINUTES TO TONE YOUR ARMS-FAST!(VIDEO)
- 7 WAYS TO LOSE THOSE LOVE HANDLES