Be prepared to show off sexy, toned legs all summer long, whether in a pencil skirt, short shorts, or bikini! As outer and inner leg exercises are here for you! Leggings, skinny jeans, and minis are all fashion staples, so toned thighs will help you rock your wardrobe. Firming up the upper thighs with some sculpting exercises will certainly help, especially if you stick to a healthy eating plan and keep up a vigorous cardio routine.
So now, let’s start with first exercise:
#1 Glute Bridge Knee Squeeze
– Lie faceup with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
– Pause, then lower your hips toward the floor.
– That’s one rep; do eight to 12.
#2 Fire Hydrant Mini-Band
– To get started get down on all fours and wrap a resistance band (mini-band) around your working leg just above your knee. Make sure your back is flat and your head and spine are neutral.
– Begin by lifting your banded leg up and to the side, keeping your knee bent 90 degrees and lifting to hip level. Make sure your weight is distributed evenly between your hands and knee.
– FPause at the top for 1-2 seconds, then slowly lower back down to the start, resisting the pull of the band as you return. Continue for 10 to 12 reps on one side before switching#3
#3 Wall Sit
– Stand with your back flat against a wall.
– Walk your feet out about about 2 feet in front of you, feet spread about 6 inches apart.
– Slide your back down the wall, bending your knees until they are bent at about a 90 degree angle.
– Hold this seated position for 20-60 seconds, contracting your abdominal muscles.
– Straighten your legs and come back to a standing lean against the wall.
– Change the angle of your bent knees to change the intensity of the exercise.
– Lie on your left side with your left arm under your head for support. Rest your other hand on your hip. Bend your knees to a 45 degree angle. Place above mini-band above your knees
– Keeping your feet together, tighten your abs and spread your knees as far apart as possible.
#5 Lateral Squats
Standing with your feet wider than shoulder width apart, shift your hips to the left and down by bending your left knee and keeping your right leg straight.
– Your feet should be straight ahead and flat on the ground.
– Push through your left hip, returning to the starting position.
– Alternate sides and repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
#6 Resistance Band Monster Walks
Place a band around both ankles and another around both knees. There should be enough tension that they are tight when your feet are shoulder width apart.
To begin, take short steps forward alternating your left and right foot. After several steps, do just the opposite and walk backward to where you started
#7 Side Band Walk
– Position a band around your lower legs. The resistance can be applied closer to the knees for an easier movement or around the ankles or feet for a more advanced movement.
– With the band in place, assume an athletic standing position, with the knees and hips slightly bent, feet shoulder-width apart, and the head and chest up. This will be your starting position.
– Staying low, take a slow, lateral step. Keep your toes pointed forward and stay low. After completing the step, follow with the opposite leg. Step slowly, resisting the band. Keep the feet at least shoulder width apart to maintain band tension.
– Continue to laterally step in this manner to complete the set for the desired number of repetitions before switching to walk in the opposite direction.