1. Side to Side
Muscles worked: Quadriceps, abductors, adductors, hamstrings, and glutes
1. Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart with your toes pointed out about 45 degrees and your back flat and straight. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest them at your hips.
2. Take a giant step to the left and bend your left knee until your thigh is parallel to the floor, keeping your right leg extended. Do not allow your left knee to jut over your toes or your butt to dip below your knee. Pause, then return to the starting position and repeat the motion to the right side without resting.
2. All-Fours Kickback
Blast Cellulite with One Move
1. Wearing ankle weights, get down on your forearms and knees (similar to the hands-and-knees position, but you bend your arms and support your weight on your forearms instead of your hands). Keep your back straight and your head in line with your back so that your eyes are looking down.
2. Keeping your back straight and leg bent, slowly swing your right leg back and lift your right foot toward the ceiling until your thigh is parallel to the ground. Your foot should remain flexed throughout the exercise. Hold for 1 second, then return to the starting position. Do one set with your right leg, then switch and repeat with your left.
3. Lying Inner-Leg Lift
Muscles worked: Inner thighs
1. Wearing ankle weights, lie on your left side, resting your head on your upper arm, and place your right hand on the floor in front of your chest for support. Bend the knee of your top leg, placing the foot of that leg in front of your other knee. Your bottom leg should be fully extended.
2. Slowly raise your bottom leg as high as is comfortably possible. Hold for 1 second, then slowly lower. Do one set with your left leg, then switch and repeat with your right.
4. Squat and Side Lift
Muscles worked: Glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, hip flexors, and abductors
1. Slowly bend at the knees and squat back as though moving your butt down toward an imaginary chair. Keep your back flat, and don’t allow your knees to jut over your toes. Stop when your thighs are just about parallel to the floor; don’t go any lower.
2. Pause, then straighten your legs, lifting your left leg off the floor and out to the side as you stand. Pause again, then return to the starting position. Repeat, lifting your right leg to the side this time. Alternate legs throughout the exercise.