The glutes and legs are the largest muscle in a person’s body. Hence it is very important to maintain and tone them. Working on these parts of your body will boost the whole metabolism. A strong butt will not only look good but will also help in relieving back pain and make everyday movements like- standing, jumping, climbing easier.
To strengthen your glutes and tone butt and thighs, you don’t need any equipment. Just these five exercises will take care of the lower half section of your body. So let’s take a look at them.
1. The Perfect Squat
The squat is considered to be the best exercise to shape up the butt. It is a compound full body exercise that will make your body look pretty.
- Stand with your feet kept apart a little wider than your shoulder width and your chest held up.
- Extend your hand in front to help keep your balance and clasp fingers together.
- Start by sitting down and then getting up like you are sitting on an imaginary chair. Keep your face and head facing in forward direction
- Lower your body down, so that your thighs are parallel to the floor. Put and press all weight into your heels. Keep your body tight and push back your body up through your heels to get back to the starting position.
2. Hip Lift PROGRESSION
This is a great way of relaxing tension in your lower back and simultaneously tone butt and thighs. It is advised to do this exercise on a yoga matt and even surface.
- Lay on your back on a mat, place your arms at your sides and palms facing in downward for support. Make your legs bent at the knees and feet flat on the ground
- Begin by lifting your hips up and hold it for 1 count. Take the help of your palms for pushing and relaxing of your hips
- Slowly lower your back down to the starting position and rest for a while. This makes one complete cycle. Repeat this 60 sec.
- Try lifting one leg upward for a more intense workout.
3. Lying lift
This is a dynamic lower body exercise. This exercise will help you to workout in those glutes from all angles.
- Lie flat on your stomach in a exercising or yoga mat. Make sure your forehead is resting on your hands
- Lift your left leg and thighs up as much as you can, keeping your leg straight. Hold it for 1 count at the top. Slowly lower your leg down
- Switch your leg and repeat the same. Do this for 10 times on each leg
4. Squat and Hold Pulse
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Start by pushing your hips down so that all body weight goes to your heels. Squat down to 90 degree angle, same as you perform your normal squat.
- Stand back up, while pressing on your heels but remember not to stand up totally straight.
- Make little up and down movements like you are pulsing to feel the burn
- Repeat and perform at least 2 sets of 20 reps.
5. Side Lunges
It is considered to be one of the best exercises to tone butt and thighs at the same time. It is a little different and traditional version of squats. It is a very friendly workout on the knees, reducing the risk of injury.
- Stand with your feet and knees, take a large step with your right foot and lunge towards the ground.
- Keep your legs straight and make sure your knee does not pass your feet.
- Return back to initial state by pushing off from your right foot. This is one complete cycle.
- Do this with both legs and perform three sets on each side.
In order for improvement to occur on your body, you must make sure to be regular with these exercises and give time to your body to adapt these exercises.