Look at your hips from the back. Note the area below the hips and right under the butt cheeks. This is the area where saddlebags will be found. If the skin or fat protrudes outward, these are saddlebags- not curves. Un fortunately, this is a hard area of the body to get rid of fat, so it will take a lot of work on your part to actually start seeing results fast.
If you want to get rid of saddlebags fast, its important to do exercises and change your diet.
1. Side Leg Raises:
Stand up straight, directly behind a table or chair, feet slightly apart. Hold onto the table to help keep your balance.
- Take 3 seconds to lift your right leg out to the side.
- Take 3 seconds to lower your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat with your left leg.
- The side leg raise strengthens muscles at the side of the hips and thighs.
- You can use ankle weights or cable to add some weight for progression.
Targets:Glutes. Start by lying on your back. Slide your feet up so that your ankles are below your knees and your feet are flat on the floor.
- Squeeze your butt muscles as your raise your hips toward the ceiling.
- Hold for a count of 3 and return your hips to the floor.
- Aim for 3 sets of 12-15.
3. Side Kick up/down:
Staying in the same position, kick your top leg up quick staying in the proper alignment. With your top foot turned out from your hip.
- Lengthening your leg out from your hip, point your foot.
- It’s a kick up and a slow pull-down.
- Always pulling your abdominals in towards your spin and up towards your chest.
- It’s a quick kick up and a slow pull down from your inner thigh.
4. Single Leg Squats:
Stand in front of chair. Now, raise one leg off the floor while balancing on one leg. Bend your knees and lower down your body.
- Keep your back straight. Lower yourself so that your backside almost touches the chair.
- Then raise yourself again and get back to the starting position.
5. Single-Leg Circle:
- Lie on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Raise your left leg toward the ceiling, and rotate it slightly outward.
- Inhale, and trace a circle on the ceiling with your left leg. Moving your whole leg, but keeping your hips still.
- Trace the circle 5 times in a clockwise direction and then 5 times in anti-clockwise direction.
- Switch legs and repeat 5 times.
6. Squat with Kick:
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Kick your right foot in front of your body.
- Then, bring your foot back on the floor and get into a squat position. Complete a squat and return to your starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times on the right side of the body before switching to the left side.
- The squat-with-kick exercise targets your hip area.
7. Sumo Squats:
- Sumo squats will work your butt and help tone your lower half.
- Stand with your legs shoulder width apart. Slowly bend your knees, lowering your body.
- Stop when your legs are parallel to the floor. Go back to the starting position, by straightening your legs.
Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Targets:All Core Muscles. Begin by lying on your stomach with your hands placed, palms down, below your shoulders.
- Slowly push yourself up so that your weight is on your forearms and toes.
- Maintain a straight line from your neck through your legs.
- Hold for 30 seconds and release back to the floor. Aim for 3 sets.