We love those yummy muffins like crazy, but reality hits home the moment we notice muffin tops peeping out of our sexy low jeans or body-con sheaths!
Muffin top is the body slang used for the lower belly/hip fat that gets accumulated right above your butts. If you are struck with love handles and muffin tops and they are keeping those six-packs away from you, then here I have 8 exercises that can shred those muffin tops to pieces!
Let’s have a look at the best exercises to get rid of muffin tops:
But before we go on to the exercises, let me tell you the mantra to get rid of those love handles and muffin tops. You need to do cardio and total body movements as well as part-specific exercises. You cannot spot-reduce but you can spot-sculpt! But to sculpt, you first need to get rid of the excess fat. So, do the total body workouts along with this muffin top destroyer exercises to get a yummilicious waistline!
1. Candlestick Dipper:
- Get on your knees with your abs tight and back straight. Use cushioning under your knees if they are sensitive.
- Now straighten your right leg to your side. Make sure your knee is straight and not drooping towards the floor.
- Now raise your hand straight overhead and bind your fingers together. Keep the first 2 fingers joined in a Charlie’s Angels pose.
- Now bend at your waist to your left side. Go as low as you can and try to be parallel to the floor.
- Rise up back into the starting position.
- Do 15 dips and then repeat on the other side.
2. Hip Dips:
Hip Dips are amazingly effective in toning those obliques and the entire waistline.
- Get down into the plank position with your abs tightened.
- Lower into the forearm plank by bending your elbows and coming down on your forearms.
- Now roll to your left side into a forearm side plank and stack your right leg over your left leg. Put your right hand on your hip.
- Now dip your hip towards the floor and lift back.
- Do 10 dips on this side and then roll to the other side and do 10 dips.
3. Rolling Plank:
Rolling Plank is another variation of the classic plank exercise. It tones your entire midsection. Since it is a moving exercise, it is a good form of cardio.
- Get down in a standard plank with your arms straight and abs tight. Make sure your hands are directly under your shoulders.
- Now roll to your left side into a side plank and come back into the plank.
- Now roll to your right side into a side plank and then come back into the plank.
- Keep alternating the sides and complete 10 rolls each side.
4. Butt Lift:
This is my all-time favorite exercise for muffin top. It tones your lower abs, obliques, muffin tops and lifts your butt.
- Lie down on the floor on your back with your feet flat on the floor and knees bent.
- Now lift your butt up until you get a straight line from knees to shoulders.
- Lower down again.
- Do it 15-20 times.
5. Hip Twists:
Hip Twists are also called waist whittlers by some people because they totally, amazingly whittle your waist for good!
- Get down into a forearm plank with your elbows directly under your shoulders and body in a straight line.
- Now twist your hip to the left side and touch your left hip to the floor and then twist to the right, and then touch the right hip to the floor.
- Do 20 twists.
6. Bicycle Crunches:
- Lie down on the floor on your back and lift your feet with your knees bent such that your calves become parallel to the floor.
- Put your hands behind your head to support your head and neck.
- Now bring your left knee towards your right elbow and at the same time straighten the right leg out. Do not lower the right leg to the floor.
- Now, bring right knee to the left elbow and straighten the left leg out.
- Keep alternating and do as much as you can for 1-2 minutes.
7. Russian Twist:
Russian Twist is one of the best exercises to get rid of muffin top. It strengthens your abs, tones your oblique muscles and helps in shredding that muffin top. You can do it with weight and without weight depending on your level.
- Sit on your butt with your feet pressed into the ground and knees bent.
- Now lean back a little.
- Grab a dumbbell or a kettlebell in your hands. If that is too much for you, just join your hand together.
- Now, rotate that dumbbell (or your hands) from side to side, twisting your torso with it.
- Do 10 twists each side.
Again an awesome move for your abs, butt and everything in between! I owe this amazing exercise to the Toneitup Girls.
- Lie down on your back with feet pressed into the floor.
- Raise your hips up until you get a line from shoulders to knees.
- Now move your hips from side to side in a wave.
- Do 15 waves and lower your butt down.
These were some of the best exercises to lose muffin top! So, get down onto the mat and kill those muffin tops with these awesome exercises! And don’t forget to share your experiences with us.