It would be nice if we could all work out whenever we want to or feel the need to. The perfect way to stay motivated and do a successful workout is definitely going to the gym, but there are ways for you to stay active while at home too.
We give you today some exercises that you could try at your own home by only using any sort of chair:
1. Knee-to-chest Lift
Good for your abdominal muscles, digestion and weight loss.
• Sit down on a chair and keep your spine straight. Your back shouldn’t touch the chair
• Put your feet on the floor, hip-width apart
• Start lifting your right knee to your chest – keep your belly sucked in
• Place your hands on your shin and pull the knee closer.
• Repeat 20-30 times by changing the knees.
2. Double Knee Lift
It does wonders for the muscles on your tummy.
• Bring your legs together
• With your hands, hold both sides of the chair
• Lift your knees and pull them to your chest by flexing your abdominal muscles.
• Put your feet down, but not to the floor
• Repeat 10-20 times
3. Double Knee Lift with side bends
Excellent in shaping your waist by utilizing the muscles on your belly to help burn fat on both sides
• Sit on the edge of your chair and keep your back straight
• Grab the armrests tightly with both hands.
• Bend your body to the side then sit on one glute
• Keep your legs together, lift both knees to your chest as in the previous exercise
• Return to the initial position
• Repeat on the other side
• Repeat 10-20 times
4. Toe touches
You will burn fat from your hips and tummy
• Keep your feet on the floor, in the width as the chair
• Put your arms in front of you shoulder height
• Turn your body to the right, bend, and touch your left foot with your right hand
• Do this for a few seconds
• Return to the starting position
• Turn your body to the left, bend and touch your right foot with your left hand
• Repeat 20-30 times, switching sides
5. Full body lift
It is excellent for burning fat at a magnificent speed.
• Sit in the chair and hold tight on it.
• Lift your body above the seat and make sure that your hips and legs hang in the air
• Using the abdominal muscles, lift your knees to your chest
• Do this for 15-20 seconds, then slowly go down
• Repeat 4 times
6. Knee-to-elbow lift
Good for the waist, oblique and lower abdominal muscles.
• Sit straight so that your back doesn’t touch the chair
• Place your hands behind your head
• Lift your right knee to your chest
• Twist and bend the torso so that your left elbow touches your right knee
• Go back to the initial position and repeat 15 times.
• Lift your left knee to your chest
• Twist and bend your torso so that your right elbow touches your left knee
• Go back to the initial position and repeat 15 times
7. Oblique stretches
Good for the glutes as well as for burning fat on your waist and belly.
• Stand next to the chair and put your left hand on its arm
• Raise your right hand above your head
• Lift your right leg and bend the knee so that your heel touches near your butt.
• Slowly put down your right hand so that it touches your heel.
• Go back to the initial position and repeat this for 10-15 times
• Change hands and legs and repeat on the other side 10-15 times
• Every side needs series of 4 repeats.