Everyone should love and take care of their body. Therefore it is very important to lead a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet, tracking your water intake, doing exercises, avoiding alcohol and cigarettes and getting enough sleep. Even if you are satisfied with your figure there is always a wish to improve your body, become sexier and slimmer or build muscles. These wishes are natural for everyone and this six-week workout routine will give you unbelievable results in achieving your ideal shape. Do you want to know more?
This workout consists of resistance training, exercises with your own weight and stretching. It helps you to get bigger muscles causing you to slim down in the process. You will have five training sessions per week and one rest day and you are able to choose any cardio you like. Do not be afraid to move your schedule when you need to (maybe you want to have a break on a Monday instead of Sundays). Remember that you should try to perform training in the same order.
When it gets easier for you to perform these moves you should increase the weight of the dumbbells you use in order to make it a little bit harder. The last repetitions of each set should be the hardest for you. Scroll down to see the plan of the workout if you want to start this challenge. You should remember one more thing – do not push your body too hard and take care of your health. We wish you good luck!
#1. Side Steps
- – Step inside of a tied resistance band. Separate your feet to shoulder-width. Place a slight bend in the knees while you keep your chest up.
- – Slowly step to the side with the right foot. Your stance should be well outside of shoulder-width.
- – Pause then step with the left foot in the same direction as the right. Keep stepping out with the right until the set is complete then switch sides.
#2. Side Lunges
- – Stand tall with a tight core and make sure your feet are shoulder-width apart. Bring your hands together for balance.
- – Step directly to the left, leaving your right foot in place. Bend the left knee and pause once the upper left thigh is parallel to the ground. Your right leg should be completely straight.
- – Contract the hamstring muscle then push off the ground to return to the starting position. Repeat on the right side. Alternate this movement.
#3. Donkey Kicks
- – Position yourself on all fours on a mat. Position your hands underneath your shoulders and place your knees under your hips.
- – Keep your right knee bent at 90 degrees and flex the foot as you lift the knee until it is level with the hip.
- – Lower the knee without touching the floor and repeat the lift. Once you’ve completed the reps on the right leg, switch legs.
- Select the correct weight to counterbalance your own before beginning. The heavier the weight, the easier it will be.
- Reach above and use an overhand grip to secure yourself as you kneel on the padded surface of the assisted machine. Tighten your core as well as your glutes.
- Lower yourself slowly. Do not lock out the elbow. Pull yourself back to the starting position but do not let the weight touch the stack. Pause and repeat.
#5. Pistol Squats
- – Stand straight with your feet hip width apart, arms fully extended and your hands by your sides. Raise your left foot from the floor, extending your leg out in front of you. As you do so, raise both arms out in front of you in a smooth arc for balance. This is the start position.
- – In a controlled movement, lower your body toward the floor by bending your right knee while pushing your hips back as if sitting down in a chair. Continue this downward movement until your right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- – Hold for a count of one. Return to the start position by pushing down through your right heel and straightening your leg. Lower your arms to the start position as you do so.
- – Lie face down on a hyper extension bench with your upper thighs and lower hips on the support pad. You must be able to bend at the waist freely. Lock your ankles under the footpads.
- – Start with your body in a straight line head to toe. Place your arms across your chest, behind or at the side of your head. Slowly bend forward by relacing your, back and abdominal muscles. Continue as far as possible without rounding your back or raising your thighs from the support pad. You should feel a slight stretch in your hamstrings.Hold for a count of one.
- – Return to the start position by contracting your back and abdominal muscles until your body is once again straight. Do not arch your back up at the end of the movement. Pause and repeat.
- – Lie face down on a mat, with your arms fully extended above your head and your legs fully extended behind you.
- – Lift your chest, arms and legs off the floor by arching your back. Only the tops of your quads and your lower abdomen should be in contact with the floor.
- – Hold for a count of 2 while squeezing your abdominals and obliques. Return to the starting position for a count of one, then repeat.
#8. Cobra Stretch
- – Lie face down with your hands under your shoulders. Point your feet downwards to lengthen your spine. Slowly push your torso up as far as you comfortably can – try to get your hips to rise off the floor slightly. Hold the stretch and then lower down to starting position.