This is my highly requested 5 min daily booty workout for wider hips at home with no equipment that keeps me active, healthy and feeling good! I don’t do these to lose weight or build muscle but simply to stay healthy.
Release tension in your hamstrings and hips with this common stretch. If it is difficult for you to swing your leg up to the above position, start on your hands and knees, then extend your back leg in the lunge position.
- Starting in a plank position, bring your left foot up and around and to the outside of your left hand.
- Hold for five seconds and bring the foot back into the plank position. Repeat this movement on your right side.
- Complete 10 reps on each leg.
- Stand tall with your feet wider than hip-width apart.
- Bend forward at your waist to grab your toes with your hands.
- Drop down into a deep squat while keeping your arms straight, elbows inside your knees, back flat and chest up.
- While holding your toes, raise your hips back and straighten your knees until you feel a good stretch in the back of your legs. Hold for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Continue for the remainder of the set.
Keeping both legs straight, lift one leg directly behind you, foot flexed. Lift heel as high as you can without leaning your torso too far forward. Lower leg without letting it touch the ground. Variation: Lift leg slightly out to the side to target your outer glutes.
- Stand tall, hands on hips, looking straight ahead.
- Inhale, and take a long step backward, keeping your feet hip-width apart and your weight evenly distributed between your front and back legs. Both legs should be bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Exhale, and powerfully push off your back foot to get you back to start position. Repeat for the opposite leg, and then alternate legs, or do several reps on one side before you swap.
- Do 20 reps for each leg.
Stand as tall as you can with your feet spread shoulder-width apart. (A)Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees. Pause, then slowly push yourself back to the starting position. (B)