You are what you eat right? Well not necessarily. The truth is you could be eating all the right things and still finding yourself far from the healthy figure you should portray. Well if you have been eating clean, and still find yourself with rolls of unsightly fat spilling over the side of your pants. Then what follows below is definitely for you.
What Is A Muffin Top.
When discussing muffin tops it’s rare for the conversation to be focused on the delicious top half of a breakfast pastry. Muffin tops are actually known as an overflowing of fat. Muffin tops usually occur when someone is wearing a pair of fitted pants. However, if your muffin top is spilling over in a pair of pants you know fits you perfectly, then these 5 fat targeting workouts are for you.
Note: Always remember to properly warm your body before engaging in exercise. Warming up will insure your body is prepared for the vigorous movement you are about to engage in and keep you injury free.
1. Jump Up Push Ups.
Jumping pushups are a perfect workout for fat burning as they can easily raise your heart rate. Increasing your heart will trigger your body’s fat burning mechanism. Jump up push up’s will also activate almost all the muscles in your upper and lower body , which will further contribute to fat burn.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Squat to the floor with hands on either side of your legs.
- Assume the pushup position by pushing your feet back.
- Perform one push-up, bring your knees back up to your chest.
- Explode up with a jump, as you reach for the sky with your hands.
- Repeat three sets of 15 reps.
2. Dumbbell Twist.
Dumbbell twists are perfect for targeting your hips and oblique muscles. Targeting these specific muscles will help your body burn a significant amount of fat in your problem area (muffin top).
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Take one dumbbell (about 10-15 pounds) in both hands and straighten the arms.
- Reach it to the right (turning your head and torso to this side) while pivoting on your left toe.
- Bend the elbows and knees while bringing the weight to the left hip in a squat.
- Tighten the abs as you exhale through each rep.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times, then switch to the opposite side.
3. Heel Touches.
Similar to dumbbell twist; heel touches help to target your oblique muscles and burn fat.
- Lay flat on your back with your knees bent and your heels up to your glutes.
- Place your palms flat on the floor at your sides.
- Lean to each side allowing your fingertips to touch your heel, hold for a count of 2 seconds and then lean to the other side.
- Repeat this exercise for 15 repetitions a side.
4. Side Planks.
Side planks are an effective exercise for targeting the core muscles. This exercise can be performed anywhere at any time.
- Lie flat on the floor.
- Place on hand on the floor for balance and elevation.
- Stretch your other hand high in the air.
- Hold for a count of 15-25 seconds then relax.
- Repeat this movement on your opposite side.
This might be the most basic exercise, but, it’s by far the most effective. When you engage in running, your body is able to burn off loads of calories. Your body gets rid of fat by converting fat in the body into usable energy (calories) thus removing it from your body.
While performing these exercises, remember to remain hydrated. While exercise and eating right are important to fat loss, your hydration is the key to quickly and efficiently burning away your unwanted fat.