If winter weather has turned your six-pack into a muffin top, now’s the time to start shedding that bulge for spring. This workout combines some of the most effective moves you can do to work deep into your core waistline muscles to develop strong, flat, and pulled-in abs that look great both in and out of your clothes. Combine it with an all-over strength and cardio routine, and you’ll be zipping up those jeans with ease in no time.
For this 30 day muffin top exercise plan, you will be required to do only three types of exercises.
1. Side plank
- Make sure to lie on your right side in a straight line from head to feet, resting on your forearm.
- Your elbow should be positioned directly under your shoulder while your abdominal muscles are contracted with hips lifted off the floor.
- Now hold this position for 20 to 40 seconds and then lower your body.
2. Russian twists
- For this move sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels are grounded.
- Now gently lean back so your torso is at 45 degree angle to the floor but make sure to keep your spine straight and not curved.
- Extend your arms out in front of you.
- Now you will raise your core and slowly rotate your arms and upper body round to the right as far as you can, then pause for a second and reverse the movement all the way around to the left as far as possible.
- That completes one rep.
3. Bicycle crunch
- Sit on your glutes with your body at a 45 degrees angle.
- Now put your hands behind your head but bring your left knee in towards your right elbow while straightening your right leg.
- Now you will switch sides and do the same movement on the other side to complete one rep.