Are you fond of junk food? Do you lead an erroneous lifestyle, indulging on the junkies and avoiding exercise? No wonder you have developed a flabby tummy. Some people also develop a fat belly due to high stress levels. But, wider abdomen does not only lessen your physical appeal but poses serious health risks as well. So, you need to have a proper diet combined with a fitness regime.
Yoga is the best form of physical workout that helps to reduce the abdominal fat, controlling both your mind and body. It also has a long term effect.
Some of the yoga Asanas that can help you reduce the belly fat are as follows:
Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar):
This asana is actually a confluence of 12 yoga postures, each of which creates a major impact on the abdominal region, along with other areas of the body. The deep breathing during the asana helps in detoxification as well. The bending and stretching help the whole body muscle function and tone. You can start with five rounds, gradually increasing the rounds over time. After each repetition, you can sip a little amount of water. You should relax for 15 seconds before each repetition.
Forward Bend (Padahastasana):
Keeping the spine erect and inhaling deeply, you need to lift the hands upwards. Then while exhaling you should bend forward to bring the body parallel to the floor, and then bring down the upper portion of the body so that the palms touch the ground. Then you should try to touch the ankles with the hands. Keeping in this position, you should tuck your tummy in and hold the breath for sixty to ninety seconds. Then slowly exhaling, you need to release the hands and bring your body to the original position. This asana completely compress the abdomen and burns fat.
Mountain Pose (Tadasana):
This asana improves the blood circulation in the body apart from reducing the excess fat from the belly. You need to stand with the feet flat and heels slightly spread out. The big toes should be in contact with each other. Keeping the spine straight, and hands on either side, you should stretch the hands forward and join both the palms. Then with deep inhale, you should stretch the spine and at the same time raise the folded palms above your head. You also have to try lifting the ankles and keep standing on the toes. This stretches the body as much as possible. You need to continue breathing normally and hold onto this pose for twenty to thirty seconds. Then slowly exhale and bring back your feet and hands to the first position slowly. You should repeat this asana 10 times, taking a gap of 10 seconds before each set.
There are so many yoga poses which are effective in reducing belly fat and losing weight. However, if you are pregnant or a nursing mother, then you should consult with your doctor , before attempting any type of yoga.
Practice Daily the Given Yoga Asanas to Blast Belly Fat:-
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Naukasana (Boat Yoga Pose)
- Marjariasana (Cow Cat Pose or Cat Pose)
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Ardha Halasana (Half Plough Pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
- Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
- Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- Naukasana (Boat Pose)
- Ushtrasana (Camel Pose)
- Uttanpadasana (Raised Foot Pose)
Some Recommended Tips to Reduce belly fat fast:-
Belly fat gets deposited most easily, so it is removed with most difficulty.
1. Avoid sleeping in the afternoon and also immediately after having meals.
2. Add more soups and salads to your diet.
3. If you want to get rid of your belly, then drink sufficient amount of water every day.
4. 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day vanishes belly fat.
5. Sip a cup of hot water 10 minutes before and after every meal.It helps burn belly fat fast.
6. Green tea also helps in vanishing belly fat.
7. Aerobic Exercise is Very Effective at Reducing Belly Fat
8. Eating More Protein May be The Best Long-Term Strategy to Reduce Belly Fat
9. Avoid Sugar-Sweetened Beverages Like The Plague
10. Include one citrus fruit to your daily diet.(Citrus fruit: grapefruit, orange, lemon, and lime.
11. Pinch some yellow juice into a glass of warm water and add some salt to it. Continue drinking this every morning to boost your metabolism
12. Eat the Right Foods:- Chia Seeds,Dark Leafy Greens,Cayenne Pepper,Lean Meat,Fruit juices(Avocados), dark chocolate and whole grains.
13. Take Herbal Teas.
14. Losing belly fat just by spot exercising stomach won’t do. Exercise your entire muscle groups in whole body workouts.
15. Walking, jogging, running, cycling, aerobics etc. increases your body’s capacity to burn more calories.