Bored of the same old cardio routine or want to kick your fitness level up a notch? Look no further. These 10 fat-melting cardio moves will trim your waist in under 20 minutes or less.
While this HIIT workout routine is designed for beginners, that doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy. These fat-melting cardio moves are going to require hard work, dedication and motivation – but you won’t regret it.
Supplements Won’t Work
You’ve probably heard of teas that melt your waistline, or waist-trainers that give the illusion of a smaller waist. Perhaps you’ve even heard of supplements that promise to reduce belly fat with little to no effort.
The problem with all of these lose-weight-fast gimmicks is that they don’t work long term. Sure the teas or supplements might get rid of a little water weight, but they aren’t going to burn fat. The only sure fire way to reduce belly fat is by exercise and clean eating.
Clean Eating and Exercise
When you start working out and cleaning up your diet, your body fat will drop to a healthy level and the belly fat will literally melt off. While this won’t be easy for everyone, the work you put in will deliver results. When i was trying to lose weight, I had to combine both exercise and clean-eating (a plant-based diet helped me shed weight effortlessly). If you commit to the program, you can make weight loss happen.
These fat-melting cardio moves will raise your heart rate, activate the large muscle groups and increase your body’s calorie burn. While we can’t spot-reduce fat in certain areas of the body, we can incorporate fat-burning cardio moves that will reduce overall fat levels to reduce fat in those areas.
These beginner-friendly exercises are great for fat-burning, and you don’t need a lot of cardiac endurance to complete them. They’re meant for anyone interested in getting started with weight loss, wherever you are in your fitness journey.
10 Fat-Melting Cardio Moves
For the following fat-melting cardio moves there are 3 sets of each. What I like to do is perform one round of the first 10 exercises, and then repeat 3 times. You can, of course, do it in whatever sequence you want, but doing it this way will make it go by faster (or so you’ll think!).
Make sure to always breathe deep, and if you feel like you can’t go any longer, push just a little more. To get the changes we want in our bodies, sometimes we need to push – even if we’re tired, achy and un-motivated.
Be sure to stretch your body after the fact, so that you don’t feel so sore the next day!
1. Step-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps per side)
1. Step onto a chair or bench with your right foot.
2. Straighten your right knee to stand on the bench while lifting your left leg so the hip and knee are both at 90-degree angles.
3. Keep your right foot still and bend your right knee as you lower your left foot to tap the floor without putting weight onto your left foot.
4. Repeat 10 reps on each leg. Do three sets.
2. Tricep Dips (3 sets, 12 reps)
1. Position your hands shoulder-width apart on the edge of a stable chair or bench.
2. Slide your butt off the front of the ledge with your legs either extended out in front of you (harder) or feet flat on the floor in front of you.
3. Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in the elbows.
4. Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until you’re at a 90-degree angle. Keep your back close to the bench or chair.
5. Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench, straighten your elbows, and return to starting position.
6. Repeat 12 repetitions and perform 3 sets.
Continues on next page(Page 2) >>