Bananas are delicious, but most of us tend to throw them away as they form brown spots or eventually turn completely black as they get very ripe…big mistake!
As it turns out these brown spots, as you will hear in the video you are about to watch below, turn bananas into a SUPER FOOD! Not only do the dark patches on Bananas increase their amount of cancer-fighting anti-oxidants, the riper bananas have other incredible properties that benefit your body!
According to “healthyfoodstyle.net”, the nutrients in ripened bananas benefit your health when you EAT 2 PER DAY. These include:
1. Lowered Blood Pressure and Protection against Stroke and Heart Attacks – This occurs due to the low amounts of sodium and high levels of Potassium
2. Increase in Energy – Two ripened, calorie-dense bananas boost energy for several hours, as they are packed with low-glycemic carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. It’s Potassium helps to increase stamina by preventing muscle cramps.
3. Relief from Heartburn – Ripened bananas are a fantastic “antacid”. Their smooth texture lines the stomach walls, protecting it from harmful acids and irritation.
4. Depressed Mood – High levels of Tryptophan found in ripened bananas, boost serotonin levels, which improves mood.
5. Anxiety/Irritability/PMS – Richness in B vitamins helps to calm nerves.
Other health benefits of ripened bananas discussed in the footage below are the effects of being: 6. Fiber-rich, 7. filled with Manganese, 8. being Iron Rich, 9. an aid to Digestion, and 10 being Fat and Cholesterol Free. If you don’t enjoy the softer texture of ripened bananas, blend them in a smoothie…their sweetness is a great substitute for unhealthy refined sugar!